Saturday, June 25, 2011

Presents

The thing I love most about making things, is giving them to people I love. To me, there's nothing better than giving a well thought, handmade gift full of all the time and love I've put into it and having the person love it. I'm quite happy to admit that I give the best presents when I put my mind to it.  (There I go, tooting my own horn. :P)
A good friend of mine is turning 22 soon, I made her an early birthday present partly because I started early and couldn't wait to give it to her, and partly because I didn't know if I was going to see her on the day. I made her this:
Bopbot from the book Crobots by Nelly Pailloux
I borrowed this book from the library and fell in love it. I've ordered my own copy and can't wait to make the rest of the crobots. Bopbot was my second amigurumi project and I was really happy with how he turned out.
I think I may end up making one for myself, I just love him and his cute little headphones. My friend loved him too.

Another present I made and haven;t posted yet was a mother's day doll for my mum. I used the same pattern as for the doll I made my grandmother. (On a side note, my grandmother loved her doll and called her Lucille. Isn't that a great name?) Here's the doll I made mum:

Her lovely serene face makes me fall in love with her again every time I see it. She now lives on my mum's bed. :)
I embroidered her skirt, I'm thrilled with how it turned out. The centres of the flowers are some of my handmade paper beads. Mum was as happy with her as I was, and more. On another side note, rememeber the amigurumi skulls I made? They made it safely to their new in home in Western Australia and were very well received.

2 comments: